Successor to DPL Professional
Arken.legal (UK) Ltd is the successor business to DPL Professional which has developed expert document creation systems to the legal profession in the UK and internationally since 1992.
DPL was established by two Solicitors with the principal objective of developing an intelligent solution for automated Will drafting for the UK legal profession.
Expanding around the globe
The company’s horizons quickly broadened and by 2000 it had established itself as the dominant supplier in the UK and internationally, with clients ranging from sole practitioners to SMEs, corporates, and Trust companies in the UK, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.
For the largest organisations, as well as drafting the documents, solutions provide fully customised systems to manage the entire business including sources and introducers, commissions, payments and the filing of the physical signed Will.
Arken.legal (UK) Ltd
DPL Professional was acquired by New Zealand company Kōwhiri in January 2016 and following a corporate re-structure in 2018, the name was changed to Arken.legal (UK) Ltd.
Today, we are about transformation of the private client sector with digital solutions to enable our clients to grow their businesses, maximise profitability, whilst managing risk and compliance.
With the IT skills of a keen developer, the company combined a rare blend of in-depth legal expertise and qualifications with advanced technology skills and products to provide its clients with unparalleled Will solutions and supporting services.
Key development milestones include:
- 1997 – Multi-language capability to enable documents in South Africa to be produced in English or Afrikaans
- 2001 – First online/internet Will system developed for Public Trust New Zealand and working with IBM
- 2005 – Innovation of the automated Will Commentary
- 2009 – Customised deliveries of online Will systems
- 2010 – Hosted, off-the-shelf, consumer online Will system launched in the UK
- 2011/2 – ClauseWorks Will Management System delivered to South African banks
- 2015 – Launch of Trust Referencer tool for taxation advice on Trusts
- 2017 – Launch of cloud-based Will drafting software, Arken Professional
- 2018 – Moved headquarters to Westerham
- 2019 – Launch of Arken Acquire and Arken Anywhere
- 2020 – New-look Arken Online Wills
- 2020 – Launch of Arken Online Wills in South Africa
- 2020 – Launch of Arken Lifetime, enabling the fast drafting of Inter Vivos Trust documentation
- 2021 – Launch of lead generation tool, Arken Intestacy