The Arken Import program consists of two parts: a new option within Chameleon (Professional Wills/Sure Will Writer) to export your data and a separate program to view your files and import your data into Arken.
Arken Import help
- To export your Chameleon data, you will first need to have installed the latest version of Professional Wills/Sure Will Writer. You can check which version you are currently running by clicking 'Help' and then 'About' within the software. The Professional Wills latest version is 3.31.1 and the latest version can be downloaded from http://downloads.arken.legal/professionalwills/
- Once you have installed the latest version you need to activate the Export program. Open up Professional Wills/Sure Will Writer and along the top of the screen you will see a new Arken option next to Help. You can then click 'Begin Export' to open the Arken Export to PDF window. The first time that you open this program you will need to enter a password. Please contact Arken on 01732 867792 to obtain this password
- Once you have entered the password the Arken Export to PDF window will appear and you can begin copying in your files for export. To do this click on 'View files to be exported' and this will open up your Export folder. You now need to find your Will files within Windows (not within the software) and copy/paste them into this export folder as in the screenshot below.
- Once you have added the files into the Export folder you will need to restart Professional Wills/Sure Will Writer and when you open the Export program again you will see the files listed in the table. You can now click 'Begin Export' below the table and the program will scan through all of these files and make them visible in the 'Arken Import' program. This will then allow you to view the PDF document and import the data into Arken.
The Arken Import program is used to view files that have been exported from a legacy Chameleon program and to create Import files that will allow you to bring your client data into Arken.
Note: In order to use the Arken Import program you need to have exported your files from within Chameleon using Arken Export to PDF.
- When you installed the latest version of Professional Wills/Sure Will Writer a new icon was added to your desktop called 'Arken Import'. Open this program and you will see a list of all the clients that you have exported
- You can use the search box in the top right to find a particular client by typing in the client name. Left click on the client within the table to select that client
- With the client selected click 'View Selected PDF' to view the exported document
You can import your client data into Arken as and when you need it. Client data is imported one client at a time and the tool will bring over client details, address details and related contacts (e.g. beneficiaries).
- To import your client data into Arken you first need to locate the client within the 'Arken Import' program. You can use the search box in the top right to find a particular client by typing in the client name. Left click on the client within the table to select that client
- With the client selected click 'Create Arken Import File' on the right of the table. This option will then change to 'Select File for Arken Import' which you can click to select the import file within Windows
- Log into your Arken account, and go to the 'Client Manager' screen. Select 'Yes' to the 'Import Chameleon files to Arken' question to display the Upload file box. (If you do not see this option please contact Arken)
- You can then drag the File that you selected in Step 2 to the 'Upload file box' that shows in Client Manager
- This will create the client profile and add any beneficiaries and addresses into the data entry area ready for adding into the documents
Note: If you import the data from the Will of a client the Import tool will automatically mark their other documents as complete as most of the client data is stored in the Will rather than in documents like LPAs. However you can still import the data from these documents if you wish.